Cosmetic dental braces have boomed particularly over the past decade, as they’re becoming much
more affordable. They’re not only discreet but are designed to work much faster than the traditional
train-track types, for example. Three of the most popular cosmetic braces include Invisalign, STb
Social 6 and Six Month Smiles.
Invisalign consists of a series of invisible aligners (hence its name) and works by changing
the aligner every few weeks. The treatment is unique as the aligners are completely bespoke
and work to treat one tooth at a time. In this sense Invisalign follows a strict treatment plan
which ensures that you have your teeth straightened as quickly and painlessly as possible.
If you’re looking for an orthodontist or simply want to research the available cosmetic
braces, visit the braces.org.uk website today.
Advantages of Invisalign include:
• 100% bespoke to each patient
• Removable for the brushing of teeth and eating.
• Reduced visits to the dental practice
• Completely invisible to onlookers.
2. STb Social 6
The STb Social 6 brace is a form of lingual brace which literally means that the system is
fitted to the back of the teeth. This system is unique as treatment times can take as little
as 6-16 weeks. What’s more, STb Social 6 braces are 100% discreet as they are fitted to
the back of the teeth and placed low. This way you’ll have no chance of anyone seeing the
Advantages of STb Social 6 include:
• Fitted to the back of the teeth
• Great for anterior crowding
• Minimum discomfort, proven to be more comfortable than older orthodontic
• Low friction
• Gentle pressure, which again, heightens comfort.
3. Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles are exactly what their name implies. These ground-breaking braces are
designed to treat a number of mild-moderate misalignment issues in just 6 months. For more
complex issues, expect the treatment to last for a minimum of 9 months. Six month smiles are
comprised of clear brackets and tooth coloured wires, which makes it an ideal system for the
Advantages of Six Month Smiles include:
• Quick treatment times, taking as little as 6 months.
• Cheaper than traditional braces
• Uses gentle forces, making it comfortable
• Extremely hygienic, which means you can maintain your usual oral routine.
• Predictable results due to its fixed nature.
There are other cosmetic braces available but the three that have been listed are currently the most
popular. The field of orthodontics is constantly developing, allowing these braces to become more
readily available and affordable to the general public.
If you feel that a cosmetic brace would be ideal then simply book an appointment with your local
orthodontist. They can then provide you with a consultation to see which type of cosmetic brace is
suited to your needs. Furthermore, your orthodontist is able to advise you on costs, they can discuss
offers with you and may also talk about finance schemes with you.